College and Career Resources
Major Clarity helps students discover their future careers – and the paths to make them a reality. Students can take a career interest inventory, work with their school counselor to build their academic and career plan, develop a resume, customize their pathways, and view their course history all in one convenient platform.
Students may access Major Clarity through the Clever Portal, or through the Academic & Career Planning folder in the ClassLink LaunchPad.
BigFuture by the College Board is a free, comprehensive website that guides families — step by step — in preparing for, finding and enrolling in college. At bigfuture.org, you can:
- Use intelligent search-and-match tools and informative videos to find colleges that are a good fit for your student
- Learn how families like yours have paid for college
- Create a personalized plan for college so you and your student know what to do and when to do it.
Tidewater Community College (TCC) Information
- TCC VB Campus Tours - Call 757-822-7172 or email email@example.com for more information about scheduling a tour.
- TCC Summer Programs - TCC is also offering a variety of summer programs to assist prospective and current students. For more information, please visit the TCC Summer Programs page.
- Virtual High School Information Sessions – Reoccurring throughout the year - students or families can register online.
- G3 Funding - TCC is offering free training for students who are interested in in-demand careers and meet an income requirement of 400% of the federal poverty level. Interested students can complete an interest form on TCC's G3 In-Demand Programs page.
- Accelerated Degree Program - Students can complete their entire associate’s degree in General Studies, Social Sciences, or Business Administration in 12 months. Interested students can complete an interest form on TCC's Accelerated Degree page.
- TCC Interest Form - For further information, please fill out the TCC Prospect Interest Form to join our email list and be contacted by a TCC Outreach Advisor.
If there is anything TCC can do to assist your students towards success, please let me know! I’m always open to trying new and creative ideas to better serve our students. If would like to talk further, you can contact me at 757-822-7135, firstname.lastname@example.org, or www.calendly.com/kelseywarren for virtual appointments.
Each military branch’s website contains a wealth of information.
This all-in-one site, which claims 10 million active members, includes information about recruitment and career options: www.military.com
Child & Youth Behavioral Military & Family Life Counseling Resources
Please contact Landstown High School’s Military Connected Counselor, Ms. Rebecca Davila for more information on clarifying:
- The Military Interstate Compact provisions
- Military Power of Attorney
- Graduation requirements for students in transition
- The GI Bill for dependents
- Scholarships for military-connected students
- Information for Military Connected Juniors and Seniors
- Resources for Military Connected High School Students
- Military Connected Counselor Availability 2022